A look forward to our upcoming member events
The SPOA is a Members Association at the heart of the Plant community in Scotland.
Our social calendar is aimed to encourage that community. It’s the opportunity to network with fellow members who share the same passion for the Plant Industry that you do.
And the good news is that we think that 2021 has scope for events to make up for the ones that we had to cancel during 2020.
Initially our focus is on outdoor events while social distancing is still a feature.
Our golf events have been scheduled:-
- Whyte Trophy - Burntisland Golf Club (Wednesday 16th June 2021)
- Blackwood Trophy - Mar Hall Golf Resort (Friday 10th September 2021)
- Highland Quaich - Inverness Golf Club (Friday 8th October 2021)
We respect that the Golf Clubs do have guidance they have to adhere to so, at least for the Burntisland event, there will not be the same opportunity to linger before and after the game of golf. There will be catering but tables will be spaced out and we won’t be able to gather for the prize giving at the end of the day. The golf itself will be normal (good or bad) and we all know that it never rains on a golf course!
Other outdoor events Include:
- An SPOA funded Members meeting and barbecue at the Glasshouse, Edinburgh on the evening of Friday 20th August 2021
- Members area meeting in Inverness Friday 8th October.
- Clay pigeon shooting competition & Members meeting on the 29th October in Dunkeld
- SPOA Karting competiton, Xtreme Karting in Larbert on November 9th 2021 .
We think it’s too speculative to plan a 2021 Dinner dance but we are already planning the 2022 event. The Hilton, Glasgow is reserved for the 70th Annual Dinner on Friday 4th February 2022.
So, lots of dates for your diaries. We know it has been a strange year and we think it’s important for all of us to have the events to look forward to.
This year we are aiming for a different message from normal - it’s going to the year of Playing Together to Derive Mutual Benefit!
For more detail on specific upcoming events you can keep an eye on our events pages here, like and follow the SPOA on Linkedin and Facebook or email Info@SPOA.co.uk.
See you at an event soon!