Project Plant - QUARTERLY AND DIGITAL Magazine
SCOTTISH PLANT - ONLINE MAGAZINE
TOP SERVICE - CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY CREDIT REFERANCE AGENCY
Top Service is the only Credit Reference and Debt Recovery Agency specifically for the Construction Industry and we are proud to be a recognised referral partner to the SPOA.
The construction plant hire industry is worth £4billion to the UK economy and is integral to supply chain. We work closely with SPOA to support and advise the wider plant hire industry in areas concerning credit reference, debt recovery, pre-litigation and consultancy.
More than 2,700 of your fellow traders are members of Top Service which means should you choose to use our services you will benefit from:
- An industry-specific service
- Fewer slow payers.
- Lower bad debt levels.
- Improved cash flow.
- A competitive advantage.
- Peace of mind.
REQUEST YOUR 48 HOUR FREE TRIAL AND MAKE THE FIRST STEP TO IMPROVING YOUR CASH FLOW TODAY!
SPOA Members are entitled to a generous 25% discount off a standard Top Service subscription and the first four weeks free of charge. There is no minimum commitment period or contract to sign.
Debt Prevention Services:
Providing you with the tools you need (Prevention is better than Cure!)
- Trading Experiences Insider Information at your fingertips.
- Credit Information Access to our credit information is unlimited.
- Company Monitoring There is no limit to the number of companies you can monitor.
- Director Monitoring Monitor the Directors of any limited company and protect yourself from Phoenix companies.
Debt Recovery services:
With our subscription you have access to our exclusive combination of free and no collection no fee recovery services:
- Debt Recovery Our collector's construction industry expertise and experiencel gives us an advantage over other collection agencies.
- Chasing Letters Slow payers or bad debtors? Start sending an unlimited amount of chasing emails via our website.
- Pre-Litigation Our collectors have strong negotiation skills and the service includes an ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) service.
- Retention Collections After working in the construction industry for over 25 years, collecting retention money is a matter of course for our expert team.
What is the Government Gateway?
The Government Gateway is the website you use to register for online government services. It is an important part of the government's strategy of delivering 'joined up' government, enabling people to communicate and make transactions with government from a single point of entry.
Register with the Government Gateway if you want to:
- Enrol for one or more government services (for example, Self Assessment, PAYE Internet Services for Employers and Electronic VAT Returns).
Once you are registered as a Government Gateway User, you will be able to:
- Submit forms to government departments for the services for which you have enrolled. You will be able to carry out some services by filling in online forms on government or private company websites. For other services, online forms will not be available and you will only be able to send forms by using software packages (such as payroll software).
- Enrol for additional services as they become available.
- Assign an Agent (such as your accountant or payroll bureau) to act on your behalf for any of the services you have enrolled for.
If you are an organisation you can also:
- Add other people within your organisation as Users of the Government Gateway. They will be able to carry out any of the services you have already enrolled for, and also enrol for new services.
They will also be able to create and delete other Users.
- Create Assistants who will have access to limited features within the Government Gateway, but can send your organisation's forms to the government using appropriate software or websites.
- Complete tasks such as deleting Users, changing the services that Users are assigned to and making changes to your registration details.
HSE is the national independent watchdog for work-related health, safety and illness.
They are an independent regulator and act in the public interest to reduce work-related death and serious injury across Great Britain’s workplaces.
The Governments Health & Safety website keeps companies up to date with new legislation and guidance. Documants are available for both download and purchase.
CITB-Construction Skills provides assistance in all aspects of recruiting, training and qualifying the construction workforce.
We also work with partners in industry and government to improve the competitveness of the industry as a whole.
The Off-highway Plant and Equipment Research Centre (OPERC) is an independent and international centre of excellence for plant and equipment science. The centre is hosted at the Department of Building and Civil Engineering, Loughborough University, UK. The Department achieved the highest possible research rating (5*) when assessed for the quality of its research during the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise.
OPERC members currently include representatives from the UK, USA, Australia, South Africa, China, the Philippines, Ireland and Nigeria, who between them, derive from a broad range of professional occupations including plant manufacturers, plant hire companies, training providers, contractors and members of the professional trade press. This gives the Centre great strength in terms of inherent knowledge of plant and equipment science and also serves as a conduit through which new knowledge is disseminated to industry.
OPERC is a non-profit making and non-political organisation. Its principal objective is to raise standards throughout the plant and equipment sector. This is achieved via a broad spectrum of plant and equipment research and the publication and dissemination to the plant and equipment sector of codes of practice, best practice guidance documents and information papers. Publications are all subjected to blind peer review and OPERC debate before being made public. This helps ensure their robustness, quality and relevance to practitioners.